Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol
MIBC (Methylisobutylcarbinol) is a colorless liquid C6 branched alcohol. It is used in the synthesis of lub oil addtives (ZDDP) for anti-wear and anti-corrosion.
It is also commonly used as a large range flotation frother in copper (polymetallic) and coal minings.
MIBC can also be used in coatings or fine chemistry.
Chemical name : 4-methyl-2-pentanol
Common name : MIBC
|CAS Name||CAS #||%||EINECS|
|Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol||108-11-2||100||203-551-7|
- Purity (% by weight) : ≥ 98,5
- Appareance at 20°C : clear liquid free from suspended materials
- Density at 20°C (g/cm3) : 0,806 – 0,808
- Boiling point at 1013 Pa : 131,7°C
- Flash point (closed cup) : 41°C
- Water solubility at 20°C
MIBC in water (mass fraction) : 1,7%
Water in MIBC (mass fraction) : 5,8%
- Hansen solubility parameters at 25°C
δt = 19,8
δd = 15,2
δp = 2,4
δh = 12,4
Send Orders to: firstname.lastname@example.org