Hexylene Glycol or HG is an oxygenated solvent derived from acetone which has two alcohol functions. It has a low evaporation rate and it is completely miscible with water.
It is mainly used as a solvent or coupling agent. It is a potential substitute for glycol ethers. It is also an effective shrinkage reduction admixture or SRA for concrete and mortar. Hexylene glycol can also be used as a building block in chemical synthesis.
Hexylene glycol is a key solvent in many markets such as paints & coatings, metal working fluids, detergency, cosmetics & fragrances, textiles & leather.
Chemical name : 2_methyl-2.4-pentanediol
Common name : HG
|CAS Name||CAS #||%||EINECS|
- Purity (% by weight) : ≥ 99,5
- Appearance at 20°C : clear liquid free from suspended materials
- Density at 20°C (g/cm3) : 0,920 – 0,923
- Boiling point at 1013 Pa : 197,5°C
- Flash point (closed cup) : 97°C
- Water solubility at 20°c : complete
- Hansen Solubility Parameters at 25°C
δt = 25,2
δd = 15,8
δp = 8,4
δh = 17,8
Send Orders to: email@example.com