Arkema diacetone alcohol or DAA is an oxygenated solvent derived from acetone which has two alcohol and ketone functions. It has a high purity. It is colourless and odourless and has a low evaporation rate. Diacetone alcohol is mainly used in paints and coatings (coil coatings, wood varnishes, architectural coatings…). It is a good solvent for organic peroxides.
It can also be used for the treatment of textiles and leather, in chemical synthesis or as a cleaning solvent.
Chemical name : 4-hydroxy-4-methyl-2-pentanone
Common name : DAA
|CAS Name||CAS #||%||EINECS|
- Purity (% by weight) : ≥ 99,5
- Appareance at 20°C : clear liquid free from suspended materials
- Density at 20°C (g/cm3) : 0,937 – 0,940
- Boiling point at 1013 Pa : 168°C
- Flash point (closed cup) : 61°C
- Water solubility at 20°C : complete
- Hansen solubility parameters at 25°C
δt = 20,8
δd = 15,8
δp = 8,2
δh = 10,8